Craol is the umbrella organisation for the twenty fully licensed Community Radio stations throughout Ireland, and a raft of 'aspirant' community radio stations at different stages of their development. It is the representative, co-ordinating, lobbying, training, and support group for the Irish Community Radio Movement.
The activities of Craol can be grouped under five headings:
1. Training (Skills Development)
2. Communication (Station Development)
3. Advocacy (Sector Development)
4. Networking (Network Development)
5. Governance (Implementation, Evaluation, & Administration)